So this month has gone by in a blur of activities. The times that I happen to have my camera on me are really special, because by capturing the moment, it’s almost like time stops for a bit. As if me and that second of time have a private meeting to discuss the beauty of what’s happening.
In this week of moments:
1. Clint took me on a date to Saint Arnold’s brewery. Where I learned
- St. Arnold’s is the largest craft beer brewery in Texas
- every last drop of this beer is made in Houston
- they have produced the unthinkable- a dark beer that I love! (Santos)
2. Down House- brunching with a bestie.
When Maddie and I met, we had been uprooted from our hometowns and had decided that Houston pretty much sucked. So we decided to search out any places that would give us a glimmer of hope that Houston could turn around for us. Over the last half year, we have found some pretty great little gems. Today’s adventure was to a restaurant called Down House. It’s a quirky little coffee bar with a great menu and a MEAN bloody mary (complete with a chicken wing on top). After we devoured our gouda grilled cheese sandwich and burger, we went across the street to an antique shop. I happened to find an AWESOME 1920’s style couch. And after haggling him way down (compliments of my childhood experiences at garage sales), it is now mine. I’ll post pictures once it’s delivered tomorrow. I’m ppppppppreeeeeetttttyyyyy stoked.
3. I painted this yesterday. It’s my first 36×48 canvas. I’m telling you, there is nothing more stress relieving than to sit down for a few hours with some good music and coffee and paint something random.
4. Last, but definitely not least… it’s me and Clint’s second anniversary today. I can’t believe that two years ago I married the most selfless, ambitious, loving, and down right handsome man that I’ve ever met. And I come home from lunch to flowers he left work to sneak in while I was gone. Heart. Melting.
LOTS of exciting things coming up for August, I can hardly sit still. I’m excited to share them with you, but for now, I have a hot husband to dine with.